There is no one time that is singularly worse for writing blogs than the middle of the night after a long day of studying for your last final of the semester.
Now is that time.
The blog is undergoing some renovations. From now on, I will have a Video of the Week newly posted every week (at some point). Sometimes I will post new videos, old favorites, and videos that are stimulating on a variety of levels.
This week we have a video of Bobby McFerrin teaching an entire auditorium of people the entire pentatonic scale. Why is this cool? McFerrin is able to do it within a minute, giving the audience only a handful of tones. It's yet another why TED ("Ideas Worth Spreading") is becoming my new favorite place to go to learn about cutting-edge ways of viewing the world.
Next week, I might have a video of kittens. Then again, I might post a video making fun of a political commentator (liberal, conservative, or crazy - I will find you!). I may find a video with a wicked-good guitarist who will blow your mind! Like this guy - Eddie Van Halen (he's pretty good in case you can't tell).
If you've read this far, thank you. Invite your friends to come take a look at the blog just before I leave for Italy - January 16th - that's when it will start getting interesting!
Otherwise, please leave a comment about any ways you think I could improve the site, or if you think I should have daily videos instead of weekly ones, or if you just feel like talking! That's cool too!
Ciao,
Heath McCasland
No comments:
Post a Comment